Search This Blog

Sunday 25 July 2010

The Flowers Seem To Grin

I got my University results today and was very pleased with a high 2.1. This means that I have my choice of work placements next year.

Thank God! I did not want to end up in a hole making coffee for 6 months.

I have also been volunteering at Uni for the past three days working as a campus tour guide for prospective new students. It has been so rewarding and a wonderful experience so I would recommend people getting involved in this type of activity as much as they can. I met so many wonderful people and felt so content afterwards which I'm sure sounds bizarre but I really just felt good about myself afterwards.

All in all it's been a good past couple of days.

And I am finally thinking sensibly about my placement in Groningen and am starting to get things ready to go in a few weeks. It's so weird how close it is but it feels like it will be another lifetime. I can't believe I'm leaving everyone behind in just over a month. It's too weird to think about.

So I'm going to stop.

Besides, I think there is a cup of tea and a toasted sandwich that is calling my name from downstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment