Search This Blog

Monday 8 February 2016

I Think Children Are Like Pancakes; You Sort Of Ruin The First One And You Get Better At It The Second Time Around

That Time We Indulged the Foodie Inside Me

What The Buzz: #PancakeDay

Dear readers, I have sadly neglected The Blog for several weeks and, for that, I apologise.

Life has been insanely busy recently but that is no excuse.

I thought I would make it up to you all by discussing one of my favourite days of the year: Shrove Tuesday.

This holiday always creeps up on me and I am only aware of it at the very last minute despite my deep-seated love for the day itself and the eponymous confection the day brings.

We're talking about Pancake Day for anyone still unused to my writing style.
I am something of a traditionalist when it comes to pancakes - sugar and lemon is just fine with me thank you very much.  But I fully appreciate the benefits of the more outlandish recipes:-

Warning: Product placement. 

....errr....
It seems as though the Twittersphere is equally as excited for Pancake day as I am:


And let's not forget the inevitable puns...


Even the Beeb aren't above puns on Pancake Day:


Regardless of my own personal love of Pancake Day, the reason for choosing this Hashtag for #WhatTheBuzz this week was this headline which immediately grabbed my attention:


Okay, so total click bait title but the article was actually very interesting.

And if, like me, you were hoping that eating a buttload of pancakes will help improve your eyesight, prepare to be greatly disappointed.  The truth of the matter is that cooking different types of batter at different thicknesses and noting how the fluid escapes is assisting UCL in determining better methods of treating glaucoma which is a build up of pressure in the eyes caused by fluid.

So, there you have it; the humble pancake is helping in modern medicinal miracles.

Plus...there is also Pancake Art:




If that doesn't make you love Pancake Day, then, frankly, I don't know what your flipping problem is.

(I, too, am not above puns. ...Sorry).

&&Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment