Search This Blog

Monday 4 October 2010

A Lean Compromise Is Better Than A Fat Lawsuit

Day ?? - That Time I Realised My Youth Was Running Out

The day has come that I have been dreading for years and everybody else I know has been praying for.

My metabolism appears to have slowed down because, alas, I have gained weight since moving to the Netherlands. I'm not sure if this is a permanent thing or just because I have been particularly piggy this week. I would not like to hazard a guess.

So, as of Monday, I am on a fitness regime.

This means going jogging at least 3 times a week, doing some relaxing yoga cycles and eating better sized portions for dinner.

No more colossal mountains of curry, no more plates piled high with pasta, no more wolfing down waffles.

I am feeling good about this.

Really. I am. I refuse to come back from the Netherlands with wonderful memories and a less than wonderful bouncing belly. ME + GAINING WEIGHT = GOING AGAINST THE LAWS OF NATURE.

I have already started doing some yoga this evening but this is my ultimate goal (I'm already half way there so I just have to practice a bit and stretch and I should be okay.)





In other news, not a lot has happened. I went to Anthropology today and was reminded that I needed to hand an abstract in to my teacher about the presentation I have to give in 2 weeks.

Which reminds me...I should probably get on that.

...right after a round of Sun Salutations.

&&Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment