Search This Blog

Friday 8 October 2010

Take In Laundry Before You Take In Partners

Day ?? - That Time I Made Some Stupid Decisions

I know, dear readers, it is a rare day when I make a stupid decision but, alas, that day has arrived.

Money is not the root of all evil. Alcohol is. I'm pretty sure that should be made official because not many people would disagree with me.

Moving swiftly on...I did laundry today.

Well...I tried. It's taken me roughly 5 hours to complete this gruelling mission. I don't think I could tell you why in all honesty because it's all blurred into a hazy, lint-filled memory. The washing machine was fine until it decided to lock the door at the end of the cycle and refuse to give me back my clothes. I waited for over 20 minutes for it to stop having a hissy fit and finally give up.

Then there were no spare dryers.

This wouldn't annoy me so much if there weren't 3 dryers filled with dry clothes that just haven't been collected. I decided to be nice. So instead of taking the dry clothes out and dumping them on the 'collection' table I went back to my room with my wet clothes and decided to wait for half an hour to see if these clothes were collected.

They were not.

Eventually I managed to find a dryer that was empty.

It didn't work.

Normally this wouldn't be such a big deal but I had just washed my only set of bed sheets so they kind of needed to dry in order for me to catch some zzzs later.

Some time later (I forget how long because I was so busy pouting about it) I found a dryer that worked and was empty. Huzzah! For a building of 300 people I feel that 8 dryers may be pushing it a little on the availability front.

I'm kind of missing home and the magic washing machine fairy.

AKA Mother.

&&Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment