Search This Blog

Thursday 23 September 2010

Honour Among Thieves

Week 3 - That Time I Almost Lost Him

Shock, horror, gasp!

Someone tried to steal Hoj today.

Yes, dear readers, note the 'tried' of that sentence. The bad men/women/people were foiled in their evil plans! I discovered their foul plot when I went to unlock Hoj and lift him out of the bike rack.

And the front wheel fell off.

These evil fiends/crack heads/baddies had unscrewed the nuts on the front wheel in the hopes that they could take the frame and leave the front wheel behind (as is the done thing, or so I hear). It's almost like a taunting calling card: 'haha, I have your bike but here's the wheel so you can cry over it and have a proper burial.'

Anyway, they would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for my meddling bike lock. Which I wrapped around the frame, wheel and bike rack. With another lock on my back wheel.

Boo ya sucks, bike thieves.

Bring it.

Day ?? - That Time I Took Back Everything

My sister is 18 years old, off to Uni and dim.

She wanted to post me some mail and, instead of going to the post office to get a 60p stamp to send to the Netherlands, she decided to save some time because she had a First Class stamp in her pocket.

=/

So she posted the letter with a First Class stamp on it. When I discovered this I mocked her relentlessly on Skype in order to let it sink in how truly dim this was.

After all, she needs to learn the errors of her ways.

Anyway, 3 days later I received some post. I was very excited (as one is when receiving real, in the flesh post). Then I noticed the top right hand corner.



There was a First Class stamp staring innocently up at me.

I take back every bad word I said about my sister and the postal service. She is, clearly, a genius in disguise.

Very, very good disguise but still; genius.



Also, I have been keeping myself entertained this afternoon by ... well, I'll let you judge for yourself.



&& Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment