Search This Blog

Saturday 4 September 2010

My Watch Is A Little Shy So I'm Always A Little Late

Day 06 - That Time We Were Really Late For Everything

Woke up today to find the sun shining and it was another glorious day in the city of Groningen. I managed to finally get a picture of Hoj (Hunk 'o Junk) today so you can all be witness to my fabulous transportation device.



Rode into town to get lights for Hoj so that I can ride in the evening and bought a Dutch mobile phone so it's cheap to call my friends.We wandered around town and looked in some clothes shops etc.



The ESN activities for the day were sports so my friend and I figured we could probably be a little late as long as we texted the guides.

(In reality we actually only turned up for dinner but that will come later.)

We went to this amazing place for lunch called Bagels and Beans. Oh my God. I know where all my money will be going from now on.





So delicious.

By the time we got home it was late afternoon so we figured we would have a cup of tea and then head over to where they were playing sports. Turned out they actually needed us to turn up earlier because we were meant to be playing against other teams and they didn't have enough players.

Whoops.

I did feel bad but nobody wants to see me attempt sports. Really.

We went over for dinner and ended up chatting to a really nice Canadian girl so it was worth the trek on our bikes just for that. And it was really very sunny and lovely still.



&&Fin

No comments:

Post a Comment